Friday, June 26, 2009

Al-Fatihah: King of Pop


This morning at 7am, the first news I heard from my daily NTV7 Breakfast Show was Zaini's announcement -- "Michael Jackson is dead".

Confirmed dead at 6.50am 26th June Malaysian Time, 2.21pm 25th June LA Time.

Innaaalillaaahi wa innaaailaihi raaaji 'uun...

The King of Pop is a mortal being after all. At one point, really, I never thought he would ever be dead.

As an 80s-baby, I grew up with his songs, mesmerised by his aura, bought his collections, looking forward for his music videos. Like, who could forget Michael Jackson's dance moves?

The ironic is that, he claimed he's never had his childhood -- having to grow up performing with his brothers and 'mature' before his time. At 50, I don't think he's ever fully grown older and mature even. One never hears him swear, or raised voice at taunting comments thrown at him. It was like he refused to grow old, like Peter Pan (and his sold-estate, Neverland), so as to make up to the childhood he never had. Yet he was part of my childhood, and, I bet my bottom dollars, a million other's too.

Farah Fawcett's death seems to be over-shadowed by Michael's.

I think this is the biggest death ever after Princess Di's on 31st August 1997.

To Michael "Mikaeel" Jackson... semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat ke atas roh beliau dan memberi keampunan, dan segala kebajikan yang beliau telah lakukan di dunia ini akan membantu beliau di alam sana.

Al-Faatihah.









f~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin