Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY 2008!

HAPPY 2008 EVERYONE!!!


Yeah, that was part of the pyro-show at KLCC from our living room, tapi hampeh tak nampak apa coz guna cam hp je, and also the darn yellow light at the hi-way (on the left side of the photo), blinding the otherwise purrrfect view!


Ah, none of my family members larat nak come over and see the arrays of fireworks from my place.


But last year's was brilliant...we caught the KLCC fireworks at Ahy's friend's place in Jalan Eaton. Cantik!


How I miss Edinburgh's own New Year celebration... the hogmanay (go google in wiki, can?). The biggest New Year street party in Europe, and I've never missed any of the 5 years I was there! (Surprisingly now ada BP5 charge to get in on an otherwise free show. I reckon depa nak control the amount of crowd coming into the 1+km length of the Princes Street, kot)


Wonder how Udi's in Bath, Fairuz's and K.Yeen's in Manchester, Habbu's and Najib's in London, Kak Teh's in Dublin, and Dijji's, and Murni's, and Rain's, and...and... -oh, ramai rupanya kerabat aku kat U.K tu!- countdowns to New Year are like!


Hope the year brings prosperity and health in each and everyone of us, though it will be the 10th-year cycle of the Malaysian economic downturn!


As always, I'm real nervous with every start of a new year. I wished life's like a book, where I could just read the end part first before moving back to the front pages.


Cuma yang paling aku tak sabar is the coming General Election time. Oh, tak sabarnya!!!


And I pray, in 2008, I will achieve something momentus... be it on my personal or even professional front.


Aaaaaamiiiin.


Great New Year everyone!


f※

6 comments:

elisataufik said...

selamat tahun baruuuu!!

Malam tadi I was awoken in the middle of the night by the sounds of meletup-letup. I dont know fireworks ke, orang kena tembak ke, kena bomb ke.. I pun tidor balik.
Tak happening lah celebrate new years in Saudi.

Roti Kacang Merah said...

lisa!
Selamat tahun baru to you tooooooooooooo!!!!

kalau celebrate awal muharram, ada fireworks tak agaknya kat sana, eh???

fiq said...

happy new year. lambat sket wish

Zetty said...

happy new year!!!

Roti Kacang Merah said...

fiq and zetts
and yewwwwwwwww!!!!!!

F Manchester said...

Nothing much happened in Manchester I'm afraid.... nothing like our Edinburgh days eh....

Ni dah ada anak ni, mana boleh terlompat lompat at street party, lagi pun makcik dah tua....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin