Monday, September 17, 2007

Pre-Raya Rantings

(Note: These rantings do not in anyway reflect that we wouldn't want to be having kids at all. Oh, we so love kids, especially Abang!)

Aiyoh, malllllasnyiiiaa nak sambut Raya.

Before kahwin, it’s always these two questions… “Bila nak kahwin?” and “Bila nak kurus?”… or something to that effect.

Bila finally dah kahwin, the “Bila nak kurus?” still remains (tak penat ke dorang ni, the whole entire 34 yrs of my life you keep repeating the same facking question over and over again when you bleddy well know my voluptuous character just ain’t gonna change???), with another palpable new question of “Bila nak ada baby?”, PLUS the entire hoolabaloo of unsolicited views & advice of “Nanti korang dah tua, anak still muda”, “Lagi tua sel lagi risky”, “Pi la makan ubat itu ini”, laa dee daa.

Don’t you think we are both educated enough to know and be aware of all these things???

Is it just so unacceptable to be saying “No, we’re still not ready to have babies just yet” and having to keep the reasons just to ourselves?

‘Coz, you know what, like Abang said, if we’re both really working to get pregnant, then only would we be seeking help and solicited advice, pandangan, comments, tips or whatsoever. Not till then, thank you.

Aiyoh.

Letih, lah. Semput, tau. Sakit hati, more like it. Why can’t anybody see the brighter side of whatever life is storing for you?

Like, perhaps...

Allah knows that aku masih tak puas lagi nak enjoy Abang yang either senantiasa sibuk or sakit; or...

Allah knows that Abang needs to get better than he is now (or me getting better too at times, for that matter); or...

Allah wants me to enjoy my sleep, my rest, my new-found hobbies, my passion… AND my other family members; or...

Allah wants me to enjoy fully the new-found freedom of being married; or...

Allah knows that I love my cats way too much to be putting them secondary; or...

Allah has something else in His sleeves for me for the extra strength and support that I’m now relentlessly getting from Abang ...?

Above all, why can't they see that perhaps Allah says “Wait” and will be giving me The Best in His own time, just like he’s given Abang, Labu & Labi to me???

Allahu a’lam.

Kadang, nak je aku kata macam when I was still single dulu, "Bahagia sangat ke hidup korang ni? And what is so wrong about not living life like others normally do???"

Yeaaaah, caring schmaring whuteva.

Aiyoh, malllllasnyiiiaa nak sambut Raya.

f~

8 comments:

F.. manchester said...

Oh dear... I now feel very guilty. I'm sure I was one of those idiots who have asked you one or more of those sinfull questions. I do appologise, but just bare in mind... I asked because I care. May Allah panjang kan umur the both of you and murahkan rezeki...;)

shabar said...

Hi faszt...been in your situation. Memang nyakitkan hati. Ada yg dah mula mengata husband aku dah tua la...aku dah tak fertile la. All the BS they can think of...tak suruh pon. Rasa nak staple je mulut diorang ni. Memula tanya bila nak ada anak. After dah ada anak, they'll ask plak bila nak tambah lagi. Kalu dpt girl, tanya bila plak nak dapat boy. Bila dah ader 2,3 orang anak, tanya bila nak stop plak. So the non-stop!

Roti Kacang Merah said...

Kak ilush! No no no!!! No... these outbursts was the outcome of my long-'pendam'ed occurences with insensitive family members and relatives, well, yeah, and some friends too. but you are definitely not in the list lahhhh... but coming from you, i know it's bcoz you care! ish, you niiii....

Roti Kacang Merah said...

shabar,
tu la, neeeeeever ending, never stops.

it's embedded deep in the culture, i think.

orang suka nak pin-point all the low-lights or what you don't have. where as what you have is sometimes what they themselves don't have and feel envious about.

Yonne said...

I don't mind fat jokes coming for fat people... but coming from forever slim people really ticks me off...
Anybody for fat jokes?

Roti Kacang Merah said...

yonne
ya betowwwl.

and you know actually what the best part is about being 'abnormal'??? is that we actually have more sensitivities and heart than those who think they are so normal.

F..Manchester said...

Thanks faszt.. that is a releif. Well what can I say, our culture memang macam tu. I have had my fair share of insults, some really go out of their way to really hurt you when they see that you're happy and content. But perhaps that just shows how unhappy their lives are.

Roti Kacang Merah said...

kak ilush
yeah i remember your share of story, too. i'm amazed how you're not affected by some of it!

Are-ee-ess-pee-ee-see-tee! (R-E-S-P-E-C-T!)

but despite of that, i rasa you lah antara a handful of people yang sangat murah with compliments and always light up other ppl's days! :-D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin