Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Sweet Boundin' Jackalope

I had a pretty difficult late-morning today. Nothing to do with work, but something pretty personal that it hurt my already low-esteem tremendously. It started off from something that's already not good for my soul, and then coupled with some supposedly well-intentioned remarks, but accidently turned into a foot-in-the-mouth thing, thrown at my face by someone so very very close.

Aiyoh, hirisan di hati. Of all people to be thinking of that particular situation in such a way... My eyes started welling-up, my mind exploding, racing rapidly in search of a platform to bounce back from the pit I was just thrown into. Cannot menangis cannot menangis cannot menangis, nanti officemates nampak...

I smsed Abang,

Are u bz 2day?? I really really nd 2 get away karang, pi tgk mvies or lepak kat mph or whtever,pls pls pls. Tak tahan lah. And cannot talk y now,nanti org dgr... :'(

And then Abang suruh masuk YM, and I told him what happened in the YM, my tears meleleh and meleleh and meleleh...

Abang, as always, setiaaaaaaaaaaa mendengar dan memujuk, saying things I want to hear.

At one point, Abang pujuk:

zzunar (5/29/2007 11:21:45 AM): yang penting "i love you the way you are"

... and that just melt my heart away and stopped the crying a wee bit *sniff*

And to hell with the world, kan 'Bang?

Which made me remember one Pixar's "Boundin'", about a lamb who loses his lustrous wool to shearers, and with that, loses his pride too. But a wise jackalope teaches the moping lamb that it is what's inside that'll help him rebound from life's troubles.

Which is also my sister Sherli's favourite anthem.


"...Now sometimes you’re up and sometimes you’re down,
When you find that you’re down well just look around:
You still got a body, good legs and fine feet,
Get your head in the right place and hey, you’re complete!

“Now as for the dancin’, you can do more,
You can reach great heights, in fact you can soar.
You just get a leg up and ya slap it on down,
And you’ll find you’re up in what’s called a bound.

Bound, bound, and rebound.
Bound and you’re up right next to the sky,
And I think you can do it if you give it a try,
First get a leg up, slap it on down…”

So every year, along about May,
They’d load him up and they’d haul him away,
And they’d shave him and dump him all naked and bare.

He learned to live with it, he didn’t care,
He’d just bound, bound, bound, and rebound.

Now in this world of ups and downs…
So nice to know there are jackalopes around."


And Syukran Allah, I have my own sweet lovely Jackalope to remind me of deep beauty and true love...

f~

:: full lyrics here.

4 comments:

goboklama said...

haiiiii bertuahnya badan dpt.suami yg.rajin mndengar keluhan & memujuk kita...It gives us a reason to hang on in this crazy cruel world kan,kan?

hugs ;)

Roti Kacang Merah said...

qisst
aiyoh, honestly, macam mana marah pun I kat husband I, I really cannot imagine having to go on in this crazy world without him...!

hugs back!

Amy said...

My hubby pun camtu Kak Lin. Dia dengar je bila amy bebel pasal keje, gaduh dgn adik ke, abang ke - siap nangis bagai. Or when people make comments about me not being able to bear a child - he keep on reminding me what matter most is that we have each other. Lagi la aku tangkap leleh kak oit. And no matter how ugly and fat I am, I always feel beautiful with him by my side. :D

Roti Kacang Merah said...

amy,
kan amy kan?

it makes you really can't imagine yourself being married to any other man other than your own beloved, kan...?

sigh...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin