Friday, February 09, 2007

It Ain't Over Till The Fat Lady Swims

My resolution to kick start my twice-weekly swim that stopped pretty abruptly some 4 years ago still remains as the un-executed resolution as how it has remained the last 4 years. Ish, ish, ish.

But mind you, it doesn’t mean that I don’t think about it at all. I think about it a lot. In fact, I think, rather excessively sometimes. I talk about it all the time to Abang, coaxing him to join me to the pool. Of course his answer would be, “Abang bollllehhhh…. Bila bila masa, cakap je!” (Wuek suda la ‘Bang. Dari dulu kata nak main badminton after the stone surgery, tak main-main pung, huhu.) And my fat arse just couldn’t seem to be arsed about executing it. Padahal, bukannya berpeluh under the sun ke apa. Berpeluh in the water, maa.

That’s what I love most about swimming. No matter how rigorous you do rounds of lapses, the water would cool you down instantly. Tak peluh; tak bau. Yet your meta would still be burning days afterwards. And I could swim for hours macam tak letih-letih. I guess the water helps on the buoyancy too, maa. Macam ikan paus tu. Best gitu.

Esok pagi, however, I plan to wear my suit right after breakfast, so that I do not have any reason whatsoever not to go for a swim an hour or two after food. Tak kisah la if that ‘after food’ may mean at 11a.m or 4p.m ka, kan? Yang penting, putting on the suit may put some pressure on me to move my butt down to the pool.

Last week, I had bouts of “kemengahan” even after light early dinners with Abang. Nak tidur pun rasa tak selesa, so I had to force meself awake infront of the TV, konon-konon nak ‘bakar’ apa-apa yang perlu dibakar dulu before slipping into bed.

One night, I dreamed of doing sit-ups and swimming, with a personal lady coach to boot! Hebat kan. Tapi, letih kau kalau tidur mimpi macenggitu. Bangun tidur esok paginya, rasa macam baru lepas exercise je. Tapi kalau mimpi macam tu at least 3 kali seminggu, kan ke best. Tiap-tiap kali bangun tido, hilang 3 kilo. Mudah keja akak, ye tak.

Dream on, cik.


f~

2 comments:

adik said...

Three words je akak... "JUST DO IT!"

You need to stop giving excuses to yourself and take action. Maybe boleh start by swimming once a week dulu. Later bila dah rasa more energetic boleh buat frequently.. insya Allah.. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Roti Kacang Merah said...

adik

boleh jadi model iklan Nike gitu!

*chanting "I can do it!" "I can do it!" I can do it!"*

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin